A safe return to Judo
We’re thrilled to announce that we are back, with limited numbers. All three sessions are welcome to return.
To help a safe return, please follow these rules:
- Please DO NOT attend if you are showing any symptoms of Covid or people you are in close contact with are showing symptoms.
- On arrival in the reception area you will need to sign in, with telephone number, arrival and departure time.
- We will require updated contact details for everybody coming onto the mat.
- Everyone who has done judo with us before MUST have an up to date judo licence. Beginners can now get a free 3 month licence so that they can also be covered by insurance.
- If possible come already changed , although the small hall will be available for changing for the first session.
- The mat start times are first session 09:30, second session 10:40, and the third session 11:40. We have to put the mats out and clean them before we start so if the first group could be there to help us at 09:15 we would be grateful.
- We also have the issue of changeover of groups , so if the second group could wait outside ( in cars) until the majority of the first group have left the building it will help.
- We are limited to the number of people we can have in the hall. I.e. Lounge 12, Kitchen 2, Main Hall 45 (61 seated), so we are limiting the mat to 30 players plus coaches.
- Whilst wearing face masks is not a legal requirement , we encourage spectators/parents to wear masks and members are encouraged to wear masks around the centre when not in training.
- Please maintain regular hand washing and use of the hand gel available .
- We encourage the use of the lateral flow test kits as they are still free at the moment.
Wokingham Judo Club is a family friendly club that runs a class every Saturday morning. Whether you’re new to Judo or an experienced Judoka, pop over and say hello, we always welcome new members!
We focus on teaching core principles of Judo, so can easily tailor your learning experience to suit you, irrespective of age and physiology.